Professional cooks usually use a gas stove. More and more users are also deciding to cook with gas because it offers many benefits over electricity.
These are mainly the low cost of energy and the fact that it is environmentally friendly. There are also practical reasons to favour cooking with gas:
- The temperature can be regulated specifically as the flame can be adjusted continuously.
- The cooking temperature is generated directly in the cooking pot.
- Anyone who cooks with an electric oven or hob has to turn the cooking plate off before the end of the cooking time so as to utilise the residual warmth. But this is very impractical and imprecise. By contrast you can turn a gas flame on and off immediately.
- Gas stoves use significantly less energy than electrical devices.
- Gas is cheaper than electricity